I hosted so many wonderful illustrators on my blog and reviewed many perfect picture books in 2014, as well as posting a sprinkling of personal musings. I want to share with you the six most popular posts of the year and thank you all for reading, commenting and participating on Miss Marple’s Musings in 2014! And please come back tomorrow for my New Year’s post!
1. On my fiftieth birthday on March 13th, I shared FIFTY THINGS I HAD LEARNED IN HALF A CENTURY and this garnered the most hits and comments of the year.
2. In February I interviewed author/illustrator, Lori Nichols, with her 2014 debut picture book, MAPLE.
3. In May I interviewed Nancy Armo, whose debut author/illustrator picture book, A FRIEND FOR MOLE, will be published in the fall of 2015.
4. My post on September 1st about diversity in children’s literature, after my summer blog hiatus, surprised me with its popularity.
5. My favorite Perfect Book Review this year according to my readers was THE STORM WHALE, written and illustrated by Benji Davies, whom I am interviewing in February 2015!
6. My penultimate interview of the year with Yuyi Morales was also highly viewed and commented upon both on the blog and on Facebook.